Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Chocolate Moose

The tag line for our blog is "join us on our journey through love and the kitchen." So far we have told you a lot about the kitchen and next to nothing about love. Well I'm here to tell you that I've fallen in love. Deeply in love. With the greatest ice cream I've ever tasted.

I've spent the last week in Bloomington , IN (home of Indiana University) for work and thanks to Yelp reviews discovered the perfect little ice cream shack. Honestly, I want to load The Chocolate Moose into a semi truck and drive it back to Philly with me tomorrow.

I don't know what makes this ice cream so good. Maybe it's the homemade flavors. Maybe it's the cheap prices. Maybe it's that they have been serving sweet treats since 1933. Or maybe it's the shop's mission statement: "What are most people looking for today? Love, security, stability? We are all in search of something in this life. At The Chocolate Moose we may not have the answers to the world's problems, but we do have one thing: the ability to help you set all that aside and just... taste."

Clearly they get that there is more to ice cream than just the ingredients.

So if you ever find yourself in Bloomington, IN be sure to stop by The Chocolate Moose on 4th and Walnut. Order 2 scoops. One of Grasshopper (mint oreo) and one of Moose Dream (chocolate peanut butter with peanut butter cups).

This is not just ice cream my friends... this is LOVE.

XOXO,
Tall One

No comments:

Post a Comment