Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Goat Cheese Topped Strawberries


Hi guys!  It's just Tall One today.  Small one is away on a pretty fabulous work trip right now, which I'm sure she'll tell you all about when she returns, so you're stuck with me!  In case you haven't noticed, we've been slacking on posting this past week.  You see, I had really great intentions to try out some fabulous new recipes last weekend that I'm sure would have been blogworthy.  I also had great intentions to clean my apartment, pay my bills, restock my pantry, go to Target, and update my resume.  Yeah, that didn't happen.

Instead I did the following:
-Saw Magic Mike
-Stayed out til 2AM
-Swam at my neighborhood pool
-Danced on the sidewalk to a street musician
-Ate sushi
-Sipped beers by the river
-Sat out on my roof enjoying coffee and a book
-Went to church
-Ran by the Art Museum

Gosh I love summer!!

In honor of the perfect summer weekend, I did throw together the perfect summer snack.  These Goat Cheese Topped Strawberries are sweet and tangy and refreshing... AND they only take about 10 minutes to make, so you should be able to find some time between all of your summertime fun activities.


INGREDIENTS:
-4 oz goat cheese
-2 Tbs whipped cream cheese
-4 green onions, chopped
-2 Tbs fresh mint, chopped
-zest of 1 orange
-strawberries

In a medium bowl, mix together the goat cheese and the whipped cream cheese with a wooden spoon.  The cream cheese isn't entirely necessary but I think it helps make the consistency extra smooth.  Add the chopped green onions and the chopped mint, and continue to stir until all of the ingredients are evenly distributed.

Slice a bunch of strawberries (I used most of a 1 lb container) in half.  Feel free to hull them, but I just left the green part right on the berry.  Top each strawberry half with about a tsp of the goat cheese mixture.  I'm sure they would have looked a lot prettier if I had piped it on instead of spreading it... but do you really think I had time for that this weekend!?!  Finally top each berry with some fresh orange zest for an extra kick of flavor!


Quick, easy, and oh-so-summery!

XOXO,
Tall One


No comments:

Post a Comment