Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hummus Bites

I have a confession to make: I’m a terrible dancer.
Actually, that’s not the confession.  That part is common knowledge.  Spend 2 minutes with me on the dance floor and you will know it to be true.
The confession is that, unfortunately, on Saturday nights I often believe myself to be a good dancer.
Then on Sunday morning I am immediately snapped back to reality when I recall that I am, in fact, not Beyonce, but just a tall, awkward, lanky white girl.  A TALWG (tall, awkward, lanky, white girl) with absolutely no moves. 
I guess there is a reason they keep those places so dimly lit, and at least I have enough sense to grab my friends and high tail it home as soon as the lights come on at the end of the night.
And at least my skills in the kitchen are a tad bit more polished than my skills on dance floor.  We can’t win ‘em all, now can we?
My roommate and I hosted a little get-together at our apartment this past weekend, which eventually led to the aforementioned late night of dancing.  We like our guests to stay nourished and well hydrated so we purchased a Yards Variety Pack, made one of my grandma’s famous punch recipes, and threw together some tasty snacks.  We both had a busy week, so neither of us had a lot of time to spend in the kitchen prepping for the party, which is how I came up with the idea for these easy-to-assemble Hummus Bites.  Ali at Gimme Some Oven (one of our favorite food blogs!) is always making quick party snacks in baked wonton wrappers and I’ve made a number of her recipes for previous shindigs.  I decided to start with her idea and combine it with some of my favorite flavors.  These Hummus Bites take only minutes to assemble, are pretty dang healthy (although at a party, who really cares about that), and will dissappear in no time!

INGREDIENTS:
-1 package wonton wrappers (contains about 48)
-16 oz premade hummus (or homemade if you have time)
-8 oz container of feta cheese
-24 Grape tomatoes, halved
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray and gently press individual wonton wrappers into each prepared cup.  The wrappers will crisp up in the oven, so make sure they aren’t touching each other and are positioned exactly as you want them.  Bake the wrappers for 10 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.  Remove them from the oven and allow to cool completely.  This can be done up to a couple of hours in advance.
When you are ready to assemble your snack, simply scoop a teaspoon of hummus into each prepared cup, and top it with a half teaspoon of feta cheese and a grape tomato half.  For real.  These Hummus Bites are just so ridiculously easy to make.  They take about 15 minutes of your time and your guests will gobble them right up!  If by chance you have any leftovers, Hummus Bites also make for the perfect after work snack once Monday rolls around.   

Hummus Bites are the perfect snack... pre or post dance party!

XOXO,
Tall One

No comments:

Post a Comment