Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Black Forest Crescent Bites


We've made it no secret how much we love watching the Olympics.  The only trouble is, The Spatularettes are a little bit behind when it comes to technology.  The rest of the year my 27 inch tube TV isn't a bother, but once every four years I really wish I had something a little nicer.  It's probably no surprise then that I have been hunting for other places to watch The Games.  Small One and I went out a couple of nights, but mostly I have relied on a spatular friend and his 60 inch HD flat screen.  He's been more than hospitable, inviting me over on multiple occasions to cheer for the U S of A.  He does have one stipulation though... that I bring a snack along!  Given that I'm a spatularette, it seems like a fair trade-off.  I needed something quick that could  be thrown together between work and the start of the women's gymnastics all around finals so I dreamed up these sweet little bites.  They only take a few minutes to assemble and bake in 15, making them the perfect treat for girls on the go!


INGREDIENTS:
-1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough
-8 bing cherries, pitted and halved
-Whipped cream cheese
-Mini chocolate chips
-Butter or butter substitute
-Powdered sugar for garnish


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Pop a can of crescent rolls and unroll the dough.  Separate the triangles and cut each one in half.  If the dough is thick, use your hands to flatten it out a bit.  Lay 1/2 a cherry in the center of each triangle and top it with 1/4 tsp of mini chocolate chips.  Add a very small dollop (we used the 1/4 tsp) of whipped cream cheese to each bite.  Fold the edges of each triangle up and around the filling then gently use your hands to roll the dough into a ball making sure the fruit and chocolate is tightly sealed inside.  Place the balls on a baking sheet and put a small little pat of butter or butter substitute on top of each one.  Bake for 15 minutes and dust with powdered sugar as soon as you remove them from the oven.  Allow your sweet little bites to cool for at least 15 minutes and then enjoy!


We think these are a GOLD MEDAL snack!!

XOXO,
Tall and Small

No comments:

Post a Comment